Those seeking a floor spots on guest nights should contact us before coming. Time is very limited on these nights and if time permits we will have floor singers but have to be selective. We recommend you phone or email us first to avoid disappointment, especially if coming from a long way.
On Singers & Musicians nights we welcome performers of any ability.
Please be aware that the Post Code takes you to a residential road where there is an entrance but no parking available. The entrance you should use to the club car park is via Farrow Fields. The W3W address is more accurate.
Orpington Folk Music and Song Club
exists to promote folk music and song.
It is a non-profit making organisation
and is for those who wish to listen to
or take part in an informal evening of
folk music and song.
Every Thursday @ 8:00pm
Our first guest for the start of the season 2021 will be Jim McLean, he is booked to appear on 23rd September. He is followed by a return visit from Hunter Muskett and Richard Grainger, both booked for october (please see our diary for dates). Prior to our first guest, we will continue with weekly singers & musicians nights. So plenty to look forward to.
Singers nights at the Orpington Folk Club are an opportunity for singers and musicians to get together to perform their songs and or tunes to an audience. Traditional, contemporary and blues music can all be heard on any one night. The Social Club is an excellent space to play in and the bar prices are so reasonable.
So what's stopping you from giving it a go? See you there?
Folk Club news :
- On singers nights you will be asked to contribute at the folk club door £2pp.
- Guest nights will now be a single contribution of £7.50pp. Occasionaly this may have to increase on certain guests nights.
Us @ OFC.
Edit: 16/102020 - 17/10/2020_1_2 - 25/10/2020 - 7/5/2021 - 21/05/2021
Covid Regulations/Guidelines :
- The requirement to wear face coverings in law has been lifted. However, the Government expects and recommends that people wear face coverings in crowded areas. Hand sanitiser is still available.
- Track and trace details must be provided on entry. ie. Name and contact number. to be recorded on the ‘sign-in’ at the door. You are also invited to use the NHS QR Code poster at the bar that you can scan with your phone, if you have the covid track and trace app on your phone. However you must still sign-in.
- The club does not provide table service anymore and drinks can now be ordered at the bar.
- You do not need to stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with. There are also no limits on the number of people you can meet.
- However, in order to minimise risk at a time of high prevalence, you should limit the close contact you have with those you do not usually live with, and increase close contact gradually. This includes minimising the number, proximity and duration of social contacts.
- COVID-19 has not gone away, so it’s important to remember the actions you can take to keep yourself and others safe. Everybody needs to continue to act carefully and remain cautious.
Many thanks for your cooperation.
Edit : 02/04/2021 - 21/05/2021 - 30/07/2021 - 14/07/2021
PRIVACY & GDPR :
Subscribe - Unsubscribe
Over the years we have collected emails from our guests and regular visitors to the club.
Due to new EU regulations relating to privacy laws GDPR, which I'm sure you are all aware of, it is incumbent on us to ask if we can continue to keep the email address in our email client address book. We will over the coming months be sending an email to the holders of the accounts asking if we can continue to keep it in our email client address book. You will be asked to reply if you wish to be removed. You can also confirm to continue subscription as well.
Our promise to you : We are and always will be committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- What we will not do :
- We will not share/sell your email address with any third parties.
- We will not share your email address with
anyone purporting to know you.
- We will not show your email address to other members when we send messages to more than one recipient.
- We will not send any emails advertising products or services.
- What we will do :
- We will however send you the occasional email informing you of future guest and events, relevant to our joint interest in folk music & song.
- We will reply to emails sent to us requesting information and include an "Unsubscribe" link.
- We may have to email you in the event of guest night cancellation.
may have to email in the event of closure due to bad weather or the venue closing.
Edit : 14/07/2021
Enquiries for bookings should contact via email first please.
Contacts : Ted Handley
0208 325 6513
01959 532 754
MIKE HARDING FOLK PODCAST
Mike Harding presents an hour long programme of the
best folk, roots and acoustic music every Sunday at 5pm.
RADIO 2 MARK RADCLIFFE FOLK SHOW
Mark Radcliffe explores the wide range of traditional and contemporary folk and acoustic music from around the UK
and the world, with regular interviews and live sessions from folk's finest performers.