|What's a Resident
|Orpington Folk Club
|What happens at the club
|Singers & Musicians nights
|Who goes to a Folk Club
|Folk Music and Song
|Not all traditional
|Joining the club
|Privacy & GDPR
The format for most thursdays, except singarounds, is to commence with one of our regular singer(s)/musician(s), followed by a floor singer from the audience who has requested a spot. For those seeking a floor spot on a guests night. We recommend you phone or email us first, especially if coming from a long way. We also have to be selective on guest/s nights.
Or should I sing, play an instrument or percussion while others are performing?
While we at the OFC encourage participation, it should be limited to joining in the chorus of a song. In most cases we find the performers prefer to play it thier way - unless they request that the audience join in. This applies to both guest nights and singers nights. Please keep noise and conversations levels to a minimum during a performance.
Singers nights start off in a similar way to guest(s) nights but continue on with singers from the floor to perform for us. Each spot will be around 8-10 minutes in duration, depending on how many wish to perform that evening. Singers nights are a popular part of the club's program with all types of acoustic folk music and song performed. This is the chance for SOLO or GROUPS of singer musicians to come and showcase their talent.
(Please do Not Phone the Venue)
Enquiries about bookings should be made at the club or via e-mail : Bookings Enquiries
Over the years we have collected emails from our guests and regular visitors to the club.
Due to new EU regulations relating to privacy laws GDPR, which I'm sure you are all aware of, it is incumbent on us to ask if we can continue to keep the email address in our email client address book. We will over the coming months be sending an email to the holders of the accounts asking if we can continue to keep it in our email client address book. You will be asked to reply if you wish to be removed. You can confirm to be subscribed as well.
Our promise to you: We are and always will be committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What we will not do :
* We will not share/sell your email address with any third parties.
* We will not share your email address with anyone purporting to know you.
* We will not show your email address to other members when we send messages to more than one recipient.
* We will not send any emails advertising products or services.
What we will do :
* We will however send you the occasional email informing you of future guest and events, relevant to our joint interest
in folk music & song.
* We will reply to emails sent to us requesting information and include an "Unsubscribe" link.
* We may have to email you in the event of guest night cancellation.
* We may have to email in the event of closure due to bad weather or the venue closing.